Bunch of stuff...
Sunday, May 07, 2006
The Remodeling Continues
Well, the bathroom is moving along again. Rob (Joe's bother came over on Saturday and they got the sub-floor laid and the plumbing chase thing all boxed out. Thank goodness most of the dust portion is over for now. We spent the early portion of Friday night picking out bathroom fixtures at Menards. That was fun! We actually agreed on stuff and it's going to be really nice. The fish bathroom has been postponed for the downstairs and will be ours to enjoy upstairs. WE just couldn't make it work with the fixtures we REALLY liked and want.
On Thursday night the guest bedroom got it's first coat of "Sweet Orange" paint. I went through three phases of acceptance with this color. First was totally excited! It is a fun and cheery color that you can't help but smile when you are around. The second was fear & regret. I couldn't believe how bright it is. Keep in mind that we have NOTHING up there except for the ladder and buckets of paint. Joe ripped down ALL of the trim from everywhere and threw it out the window a week ago. We are starting from scratch in that room.
The good thing about going back to get new wood is that it will look SO GOOD with the wood floors we have decided to re-finish. I will post some pictures as soon as I finish the current roll of film in my camera. Anyone who wants to give away a digital camera, I know someone who could really use one and doesn't have the money (is engaged and can't spend that kind of $$ w/out permission, LOL).
While they were working hard on that Mollie & I kidnapped Dawn (Rob's wife) and went on a garage sale day of fun. For the third Saturday in a row I have filled up my car with more bargains than I knew I could find. I even got a dresser for the guest bedroom. My new favorite season is Garage Sale Season. It's the best, everyone wants to get rid of everything so you can usually talk them down. OH, I got three pink golf clubs for $1 each. Joe laughed at me :-( !!!
Thanks to Mom for letting us dump our garbage at work. We (well Joe) made another trip out there on Saturday night to empty off our porch. It was full of garbage and GROSS!!
Did everyone know we finally got new neighbors next door? We really lucked out! They are very nice and we have already been invited to a BBQ. Good to know they are having as much trouble re-modeling as we were/are since it's nice to chat about what funny things have happened along the way. I'm so happy we didn't get a couple of fuddy duddies!
Sarah Goldberg is throwing the baby shower for Sara Shadle today so I have to go start getting ready. I'm on set up duty for food and decorations. I'll fill you in again when there's more to say.
-Kelli
1 comment:
Kelli, The progress you have made on your house is so exciting! That yellow faux finish is sooo rich looking!! I can not believe how much you guys have gotten done in such a small period of time! I love that you got before and after shots on a lot of the rooms. Oh, can I say how incredibly ADORABLE your puppy is!!!!! ~ Lisa
Post a Comment