Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Drive to Hope (5/6/09)

The drive to hope is one we didn't know we were taking... see we wanted to go to the Whittier Tunnel since we heard a rock slide blocked the tunnel and wanted to check it out since it was close to the conservation district... apparently we missed the turn off and if we hadn't been low on gas I believe we would have gone all the way down, LOL!

Along the way we pulled over for a hike
and found this amazing river
It was a very steep hill down
This is the shot looking down
I love how the snow looks like it's floating along the edge
Joey climbing down to get a closer look
Since Jennie and I can slip and fall pretty much anywhere we thought it would be best if we stayed up top where it was safe, lol
another shot looking down
Pretty waterfall across the river
Jennie showing us Bear Hair

"Give me the camera" lol

Joey's pictures from down below
The climb back up to get to the car...
Why are there bullet holes in the sign? The next place we stopped talked a lot about the town of Hope and the gold rush and things like that... we thought we might be going the wrong way... it wasn't until we saw the sign saying "Whittier 33miles" that we KNEW we had long passed our destination, LOL! A good map sure would have solved this... maybe we should get one!
The view of the river from this lookout point
I didn't feel like reading all about this stuff at the time so I took pictures to read later...
More bullet holes - I feel safe!

Another fun day!

No comments: