Sunday, April 06, 2008

Day 4 DEMO COMPLETE! (4/5/08)

Saturday we got the rest of the demolition complete - well for the most part... we still have to cut some holes in the ceiling so Joey can run new electric to the light up there, and once we've decided we are done making the biggest messes then one layer of the plastic comes off the doors and we are going to take down the rest of the door trim and the lath surrounding it.

Today was the worst because we did the outside wall and had to remove all of the loose blow-in insulation! SUCKY! I HATE THAT STUFF!!! Anyway it's done so that is a really good thing!
The dumpster is getting really full REALLY fast! I haven't quite decided if that is a good thing because we are getting our money's worth or a terrible thing because we still have a lot of stuff to throw out once we start drywalling and all that...
This box out is still confusing to us and so far nobody has been able to tell us what it is...
I'm actually pissed too - this was our last chance to find the hidden treasure in this house (something I've been looking for since the moment we started remodeling ANY room). Maybe when I start ripping into the floor!
Sunday there won't be too much progress to report. We are planning to run some of the electric and depending on how far Joey gets we are going to insulate the outside wall too!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Travel safe Mom & Andy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are home safe and sound; just like your ladder! I can't say the same for your kitchen!