We were itching to get out of town this past weekend so we took a trip up north to the Rizzo's Cabin on Sunset Lake in MI. What a great time - Thanks Randy & Carol for letting us use the place.
We did lots of fishing since we had the boat this year. Had to get Scarlet a life jacket since she sank twice last year, and I caught the biggest fish of the trip! We had a great time!L

My first fish ever caughy on a lure!! Little itty bitty Walley :-)

My third fish ever caught on a lure. Also the biggest fish of the vacation! It's a 19" Northern Pike
.JPG)
Beautiful Sunset Lake - I want to go back already
.JPG)
Scarlet watching the deer while we were on the boat. She really wanted to get out and play with it!
.JPG)
Trolling for more fish! Joey caught his Smallmouth Bass after I took this picture!
.JPG)
The smallest fish of the trip!
.JPG)
.JPG)
Joey's Northern - 17"
.JPG)
He says we measured wrong b/c there is a "ripple" in the fish... he just wanted the title of biggest fish on the trip, LOL!
.JPG)
The 13" Smallmouth Bass Joey caught!
.JPG)
It was really windy on the boat. We weren't even moving. Do you like Scarlet's life jacket?
.JPG)
We let Scarlet lick all of the fish when we caught them. It helped her to stay calm when we were taking the hooks off b/c she knew her reward would be licking the fish, LOL! She was so funny.
.JPG)
Joey taking the meat off the skin. I took it off the fish and he took it off the skin. We have found that teamwork does wonders!
.JPG)
The baby birds that have taken up residence by the front door of the cabin...
.JPG)
Our bucket of fish dinner minus the one we already cleaned. I think there were 7 in all.
.JPG)
Scarlet watching the bobbers in the water. She figured out that she didn't want the "ball" (bobber) that bad - she would rather have the fish that came back, so she would sit there and wait...
.JPG)
Another one for Joey!
.JPG)
One more for me!
.JPG)
See her tongue, LOL!
.JPG)
Pucker up!
.JPG)
MMMUUUUUAAHHHH!
.JPG)
Watching the fish swim away.
.JPG)
We have never caught so many fish in one day up here before!

A view coming down the driveway. I'm so mad I forgot to get one from the lake! Oh well, the building closer is the garage that is being finished.
.JPG)
The only existing picture of the two of us on this trip. Joey was driving and I totally got yelled at for having the camera in front of his face, LOL!
.JPG)
First fish of the trip for me!
.JPG)
Scarlet's reward
.JPG)
GIVE ME MORE FISH TO LICK!
.JPG)
Getting ready to leave...
.JPG)
Randy smiling for a picture for Mom!
.JPG)
Goodbye for now Sunset Lake - I always hate to leave
.JPG)
.JPG)
SMILE!
.JPG)
Randy putting up the cedar on the garage!
.JPG)
I like to refer to this part of the lake as Lure Lane since it's where I caught all of the fish I got on my lure.
We had such a great time on this trip! Lots of firsts: First time Joey MADE me take my hooks out of the fish I caught, first lure fish I caught, first time I got a real big fish, first time we cleaned our own fish to eat, first time Scarlet was out o n the boat, first time she didn't sink in the lake, first time we mistook ducks for big fish at night and got scared of what I called a Sea Monster, and the first time we really wanted to quit our jobs to stay up there longer!
I think we will try to sneak away one more time this year!
5 comments:
looked like a lot of fun.
you have a fun dog, lol.
was the fish good?
ttyl
P.S.
Dont want to touch the fish, huh? (1st and 2nd pic)
lol, me too
I seem to remember the magnetic sign on your car that read: Looking for man who kisses fish and dog who kisses fish cause I kiss fish. Congratulations, honey, you found him!
Wow! It looks like you guys had a great time. But I noticed from the pics that you never actually "TOUCHED" a fish!! You have your sleeve or a towel on all of them!!! lol!!
Cher
she never touches them! lol, thats what i said earlier--
16
Post a Comment